The party responsible for upholding national data protection laws, General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and other data protection laws for British citizens and EU Member states is Unilite Ltd:
Unilite, The LAB, Winyates Way, Off Moons Moat Drive., Redditch, Worcestershire, B98 9FG, UK
TEL: +44 (0)1527 584344
FAX: +44 (0)1527 584345
The name and address of the company’s data protection officer is:
Unilite Limited, The LAB, Moons Moat Drive, Off Winyates Way, Redditch, Worcestershire, B98 9FG, UK
TEL: +44 (0)1527 584344
FAX: +44 (0)1527 584345
This policy (together with our Terms & Conditions and any other documents) sets out the basis of how we manage and process your personal data. The following policy has been produced to ensure we adhere to our legal obligations as part of the General Data Protection Regulations 2018 (GDPR) and to ensure your data is handled and processed in the right way. The data handler is Unilite Limited whose registered office is at The LAB, Moons Moat Drive, Off Winyates Way, Redditch, Worcestershire, B98 9FG, United Kingdom.
The personal data we collect from our customers and users is provisioned and used for the purpose of maintaining a functional website and maximizing our provided content and services. We collect this information at periodic intervals and only with the users consent. Legal exceptions to this apply whereby consent cannot be legally or factually obtained and therefore the processing of this data is permissible by law.
Legalities concerning processing personal data
The owner of the data has given consent to the processing of their personal data for one or more specific purposes. In this case GDPR Article (1) (a) serves as a legal foundation.
Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract where the data’s owner is involved, or in order to take steps at the request of the data’s owner prior to entering into a contract. In this case GDPR Article (1) (b) serves as a legal foundation.
Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the controller is subject. In this case GDPR Article (1) (c) serves as a legal foundation.
Processing is necessary in order to protect the vital interests of the data’s owner. In this case GDPR Article (1) (d) serves as a legal foundation.
Processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public’s interest or in the exercise of official authority given to the data’s controller. In this case GDPR Article (1) (e) serves as a legal foundation.
Processing is necessary for the purpose of legitimate interests pursued by a data controller, except where these interests are overridden by the interests of fundamental rights and freedoms of the data’s owner which require protection of personal data, particularly when the data’s owner is a child. This shall not apply to processing carried out by public authorities in the performance of their tasks. In this case GDPR Article (1) (f) serves as a legal foundation.
What personal information Unilite collects
Unilite collects personal information from you when it is provided directly, or through your use of our website. Examples of when this occurs are:
- Information you provide when you create an account with us.
- Information when you attempt or complete a purchase with us.
- When you subscribe to our newsletter or mailing list.
- If you respond to a survey or enter a competition.
- Your interaction with us, whether it be via email, online chat, or any other way that you may contact us.
- We may also record details to enrich and enhance your experience on our website. This may include the website you came from, or are going to, the unique ID of the device you are using, your IP address, your operating system, adverts you click on, products you search for, products you purchase, or subscribe to and information you access and download. We use software that may detect whether you have received or opened marketing emails, or whether you have clicked on a link within this email. We use this information to measure performance, but also so we can tailor our promotional messages and advertising to you.
What Unilite does with my personal information
How we use your data depends on how you have interacted with us and the permissions you’ve granted us. This can be to:
- To manage and maintain your online account.
- To improve and maintain our website.
- To personalize your browsing experience and in order to show you content that we believe you would like, based on your account information, previous purchase history and browsing activity.
- To fulfil your order with us.
- To manage and respond to any queries or complaints you may have.
- To contact you for feedback on products and services you’ve had from us.
- To send you marketing messages and target your advertising to suit you, when we have your consent, or we are permitted to do so.
- To comply with our legal obligations and regulatory obligations.
- For matters of security, in order to investigate fraud and to protect copyright and other legal infringements of ourselves, our partners and third parties.
Why we use your personal information?
Under data protection law we rely on the following legal bases to process your personal information:
- Because we use your personal data to process payments and fulfil orders.
- Because we have obtained your consent when you contact us with a query, where you have added information to your online account, or you consent to receiving marketing of any kinds from us.
- Because it is in the legitimate interests of both Unilite and the customer.
- Because it is in Unilites interest as an e-commerce business to promote itself and provide a good level of service to its customers. To do this we will look to find out more about our customers so we can match the most suitable products and improve their experience.
Who do we share your personal information with?
To assist us in operating our business efficiently we need to share information with our trusted partners and third parties.
- Our service providers. We use third party service providers of whom may need access to your personal information. As an example, this could be such as delivery companies who require your address and name to complete a delivery or digital marketing companies who may need your details to send you personalized offers and material if you’ve opted in to receive these.
- Governmental and customs. If we are delivering to an address outside of the UK, we may need to share information with customs authorities, both in the UK and the parcels destination country. If we have received a lawful request for your information from an agency such as police, we are obliged to provide your personal information.
- Fraud prevention. We may share information with fraud prevention and detection services.
- Sale of Business. If the business is sold, the personal information of our customers may be provided to a potential buyer. In this event and within our capabilities we will make attempts to ensure the buyer abides to the rules set out in this privacy statement.
We may also disclose your personal information in cases where there is a threat against Unilite, property of Unilite, other customers, employee, the public, or anywhere else that we are legally permitted to do so.
Where does Unilite keep my personal information and for how long?
Unilite keeps your personal information within secure internal systems and on the platforms of trusted third-party companies. Whilst every care is taken to keep your personal information away from malicious activity and threats, this cannot be completely guaranteed. When you make a purchase with us, we will keep a record of your purchase for as long as necessary for invoicing, tax and warranty purposes. If you have corresponded with us, we may keep a record in order to protect us from a legal claim. Regarding information about our cookies policy and the duration of cookies, please refer to the cookies section below.
How Unilite uses my personal information for marketing purposes?
If you have opted in to receive marketing communications then we may contact you with information on products, services and any general news about the company, or anything we think you may find useful.
These marketing communications will mostly be tailored to you based on your purchase history, search history and any other interactions you have with us or our social media outlets.
If at any point you no longer wish to hear from us, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org Or click unsubscribe on the link on each email.
You may see Unilite adverts on third party websites and social media sites. These adverts will more than likely be tailored to you based on your browsing history and web activity using cookies, which track your web activity and allow us to contact you with tailored offers and news. If you see us on a social media page, then this may be because we have an agreement with them to show you adverts based on your demographics or browsing activity. Sometimes, this may involve sharing details such as your email address with the social media network. If you don’t wish to see these tailored ads you can change your cookie and privacy settings on your browser and that of the third party websites.
How can I gain access, amend, or remove my personal information?
You can view all your personal information on your My Account page. On here you will be able to amend your personal details including your address and contact information as well as changing your password. You will also be able to request information is removed from here, as well as deleting your account permanently.
If you have forgotten your password, you will be able to rest it through a link on the enter password page. If you are having any issues with finding this or would like account-based advice or assistance, please contact us on 01527 584 344, or email us on email@example.com
You can also register an account through Facebook. You will be prompted to do so when you first go on to the register account page. Facebook will share your information with us, and this will be used to set up your account. This information is not owned by us and is provided to us on behalf of Facebook. Please contact Facebook if you wish to have this information removed.
If you have any questions regarding personal information which cannot be resolved, please contact us using the details above. You have a right to access your personal data under UK data protection law. You can then also request the erasure of your personal data, which Unilite will legally comply with under the applicable laws. There are several limitations and circumstances where Unilite will not be able to comply with this request. This could be down to UK legal compliance or assisting with officers of the law.
How we use your cookies
We may use your cookies for the following reasons:
- To enhance your user experience on our website.
- So we can recognise you when you visit our website. This helps us to personalise your experience and show you the products and content that you would be most interested in.
- To improve the websites usability for all customers.
- To track you when you are using our website. This may be in the form of notifying you if you had put items in your basket but have not completed the purchase. We may then contact you to see if you would like to complete that purchase.
- To show you personalised adverts on our websites based on your previous browsing activity.
- Cookies may also be used to show Unilite products or offers on third party websites.
Cookies don’t cause harm to your computer and we don’t store personally identifiable information such as credit card details on cookies we use. We do however use information that has been encrypted to help improve your experience when using our site.
We use the following cookies to improve your user experience:
Woocommerce Essential Cookies for use of ecommerce functionality
Facebook Cookies for Marketing & Site Features such as Analytics & Live Chat
Google Cookies for Marketing & Site Features, such as Analytics and Sign on
If you have any questions or concerns about cookies and how we use them , please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wanted some more information on cookies, including help on how to block or delete then, then visit: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
How does Unilite protect my personal information?
Unilite uses industry standard security across the website, providing end-to-end encryption, protecting user data.
The website & user data is stored on PCI Compliant Servers with regular checks and updates to maintain constant compliance.
We offer a right to be forgotten policy, please contact support if you would like your data removed.
We use an external trusted courier to handle your orders and to diapatch your goods. They have policies in place to safeguard your personal information. Please contact us if you would like further information about the privacy policies of our trusted courier.
You may also wish to contact the UK information Commissioners office if you have questions regarding your personal information.